The Community Midwives are now entirely responsible for arranging antenatal care. There are regular antenatal classes at the Haverhill Health Centre, but all antenatal clinics are held either at the Rosie Maternity Hospital in Cambridge or the West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St.Edmunds.
After you have delivered, the midwife will look after you and your baby for the first fortnight.
Telephone number: 01440 766027
If you are unable to contact the midwife in an emergency, contact the surgery on 01440 840 380
The Haverhill Community Healthcare Team
What we do
- Will assess your health needs
- Support and provide rehabilitation for long term conditions
- Provide essential district nursing care in areas such as wound care, managing medications and end of life care
Who is eligible?
- Anyone who is housebound and cannot get to their practise for nursing care
- Be over 18
- Registered with Suffolk GP
How to access the service?
- Your health professional may complete a referral which they email to our care coordination centre securely.
- Or you can call the Care Coordination Centre yourself on 0300 123 242&